Thursday 24 October 2013

Eating Fresh

Eating Fresh

 I’ve been eating at Fresh for at least ten years and been working there for the last year. And really, I couldn’t be luckier to have this kind of access to such healthy and delicious food (especially as a student!). Fresh is a vegan juice bar and restaurant which is locally owned. There are four of them in Toronto. I work at the Spadina location, just south of Queen, as a cashier and hostess.  

 The food at fresh, well, is fresh, to say the least. They use unique ingredients to make balanced and flavourful dishes, that anyone, even carnivores can enjoy. My favourite juice is the Red Velvet, that’s strawberry, beets, pineapple and ginger. It’s hard to narrow down my favourite dish, but for now I’m going to go with my classic choice which is the Beach Bowl. First there’s a choice of brown basmati rice, or soba noodles, topped with roasted red pepper, sweet potato and zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, avocado, sunflower sprouts, olive oil, tamari, mixed herbs, lemon AND again your choice of grilled tofu steaks or chevre. I always go with the chevre, however, if I’m feeling extra peckish then I’ll treat myself to both!
       
                                                                                       
And it’s just such a fun environment to work in. It gets crazy busy, but I am part of a fabulous team of young woman who run the front of house. My older brother works at Fresh too, as a cook, although because of school we barely end up having shifts at the same time. But we did meet up at the staff party this past weekend, which was at the Piston on Bloor. I love staff parties because you get to see such a different side to everyone!

Anyways, I love where I work, I suggest you come and try something new.

~ Michaela Woeller

Word Count: 302




No comments:

Post a Comment