Wednesday 27 November 2019

Best Toronto Eats on a Budget!


Best Toronto Eats on a Budget!
By Cristina Nikolic

If you’re a student like me, you’re probably always looking for ways to save money. Next to living and transportation costs, my next biggest expense is food. I find it extremely difficult to eat healthy while on a budget – and going out to eat? Forget about it. Groceries are expensive as is, and most students simply can’t afford to eat out at restaurants. 
Photo from BlogTO
That is, until The Warehouse came along. The Warehouse is a restaurant that boasts a menu with every item costing just $5.95. As they say on their website, “the Warehouse Group culinary team provides quality food to our patrons without making a dent in  their wallets” AKA perfect for penny-pinchers like ourselves. 
The Warehouse goes by various names depending on your location. The Dime and El Furniture Warehouse are a couple examples. My personal favourite location is located on Queen Street West in Toronto. Although there are two locations on Queen Street West, I prefer The Dime over the Queen St. Warehouse as it is further west and usually less busy. The staff are incredibly friendly and the interior of the restaurant is half inside and half on their back patio which is absolutely beautiful in the warm weather. 
Photo from TripAdvisor
Usually, I find that cheap eats come at the cost of quality - that is not the case with The Warehouse. Their menu is simple but offers something for everyone. My personal favourite item is their veggie burger – and I’m not lying when I say it might be my favourite restaurant veggie burger of all time. It comes with avocado, salsa, cheddar, lettuce and tomato and it’s served on a warm brioche bun. Did I mention it’s $5.95? 
Do you know of any other restaurants that provides cheap eats at this level without sacrificing quality? Let me know! Until then, I’ll be at The Warehouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment