Wednesday 27 November 2019


         
                   Where to go in Algeria
    Growing up in the northeast of Algeria, I always dreamed of visiting the giant desert in the south of the country. Eventually, I had the chance to see Biskra, a province that is 363km southeast of the capital of Algeria.  The province is called “The Gate to the Algerian Desert” and it contains most of the cultural and scenic glories of Africa’s largest country.  Fifty kilometers before arriving at the main town, I stopped at “Al Kantara”, which literally means “The Bridge” that was built by Roman soldiers. The marked inscription by Napoleon III on the walls makes you physically experience the great Roman history.



 How to experience traditional vibes?
 The local people made me, and other tourists feel at home, with their hospitality and the comfort they provided after a long, arduous journey. Expert Algeria tours agency provided such a lovely experience which included riding camels with Tuareg nomads and sleeping under the stars.
sleeping under the stars 
                             
Seeking relaxation?
I ended my breathtaking trip 3 miles (5 km) northwest of the province in one of the major sulfur springs” attractions. The one I went to is called “Bath of the Saints”, also known as Hammam Saline in Arabic. I enjoyed the natural hot water that is also used for medical purposes because it is believed to heal a variety of skin conditions and even rheumatism.
                   

    
  The city is spectacular, with its tree-lined streets, far away from the noise of the cities, made my trip more than perfect. This getaway was needed to relax, and it was affordable with my  expenses being  less than $400 including all the activities and two nights at the alluring AN Hotel. Many people might think that this destination would be too unfamiliar, but I found it accessible and exciting with experiences I will remember for the rest of my life.
                                                                                 







                       

No comments:

Post a Comment