Monday 25 November 2019

My Favourite Place to Visit


From the CBC
Getting Lost in Art 
-- Prabhy Rehal
Lawren S. Harris
As a student and a lover of art my favourite place to visit the AGO. The Art Gallery of Ontario is an ideal spot for introverts just like me. It’s a places where you can connect with art from around the world. The gallery isn’t somewhere I go every weekend because sadly they don’t change the exhibitions that often. But whenever they do, I know I’m going to spend a good 4-5 hours at the gallery. If travelling to the gallery I suggest using the subway. It will save a lot of time finding parking and you won’t have to deal with downtown traffic. I always love walking into the gallery because it   feels like time had started moving slower and the troubles of the fast pace city is no longer an issue. The tickets for any travelling exhibition are usually $25 but be sure to ask for student discounts or if travelling in a group ask for group discounts. These exhibitions stays in the gallery for a few months so one can take their time to see them, which helps in the winter. Past exhibitions have included Impressionism from Europe, Photograph from World War I, Art by the Group of Seven and my favourite Guillermo Del Toro: At Home with Monsters. 
The Pale Man from At Home with Monsters  
Credit:Prabhy Rehal 
If you have never seen the permit collections they are breathtaking as well, and you’ll learn a lot about Canadian Art and Artist from the past and present. When in the Gallery I always stop the Gallery’s coffee shop, it is pricer than the average Tim Hortons but I feel adds to the experience, having a delicious croissant while looking at beautiful art, sounds like heavenly to me. The AGO is a staple of downtown Toronto and should be a staple of every art lover’s diet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment