Monday 25 November 2019

My Favourite Place to Visit


Are you audacious or adventurous? Then you may just enjoy this read.

Petit Piton, Soufriere, Saint Lucia 


Soufriere, Saint Lucia


As a lover of adventure and all things landscape, I’m often asked where my favourite place to visit is, and that’s an easy answer, anywhere in the district of  Soufriere, Saint Lucia.
Soufriere has the most picturesque locations to make for an exciting day, include:


Tet Paul Nature Trail

Before leaving for college, I made it my duty to revisit some of my favourite spots on island and this time I took my family to spend a day at Tet Paul Nature Trail.

Tet Paul is a light walk nature trail just about 45 minutes long that almost anyone can complete. I was accompanied by my extended family including my five-year-old cousin and 85-year-old grandma.

Typical '80s house situated at Tet Paul Nature Trail

Just about 10-minute drive from the main town, Tet Paul comprises of a walk through a flower garden, view of a typical '80s Saint Lucian house, flight of stairs called Stairway to Heaven, trail carved out of boulders and rocks to make for a slightly rough terrain and one of the best views in Saint Lucia.

It was a little challenging steading our breaths and ensuring everyone was doing good while climbing, but being able to reach the very top felt like such an accomplishment for everyone.

Stairways to Heaven, Tet Paul Nature Trail
At the top we were able to view one of the most breath-taking sights, not one, but both Pitons; Gros Piton and Petit Piton, feel the cool breeze hit our faces, view the luscious vegetation down below, cloudy blue sky and breathe in fresh, clean air.

It was such an experience being able to visit this location with my entire family, take pictures which appeared like our fingers were touching the top of the Pitons and just simply having fun.

View of both Gros Piton (left) & Petit Piton (right) from the top of Tet Paul Nature Trail
If you’re anything like me, someone who loves adventures and loves spending time with family, Soufriere, Saint Lucia and Tet Paul Nature Trail is a must visit location for you and yours.

My Family and I at Tet Paul Nature Trail
Let me know, would you be interested in taking a hike up Tet Paul?

No comments:

Post a Comment