Tuesday 12 November 2013

The Celebrity AA Meeting

Hello fellow blog readers.


Since I couldn’t find an actual group to go and confess my addiction to, I will admit my problem to you guys here. My name is Amanda, and I’m addicted to celebrity gossip. You may laugh but this is sadly a huge problem for me. Let me walk you through my morning routine. When I wake up do I check my email? Do I check my messages? Do I even eat breakfast?! Nope. I go through my social media and gossip sites.

First I check my Instagram. I gotta see what everyone is up to. What’s Kendall Jenner’s “#ootd”? Has Lauren Conrad gotten engaged to her long time boyfriend yet because I KNOW she’ll post a pic of that ring (spoiler alert he did- the picture was posted Sunday, October 13 at 1:13 pm)?  I’d say I spend a solid 10 minutes browsing this application…and that’s only in the morning.

:::insta pic.png
 















Next I check my Twitter account. I love how much people tweet! I feel like they’re talking to me personally. My favorite band is telling me when new music is out, or if they’re coming to a city near me anytime soon. My favorite TV personalities tell me what movie they’re currently watching and whether they are bored or “lovin” it.

:::twitter pic.png
 













Then I need to check the gossip sites. This part is the worst. It’s addictive and I spend minimum half hour reading all the articles. This is where I get all my information, and entertaining videos. I always promise myself I will only watch one video clip, and read one piece of information. But that never happens. Before I know it- I’m still in bed, I missed breakfast. No wait…I missed dinner too. My day is over.

But enough about my morning ritual and back to my infatuation with celebrities. I think the worst part is that I take everything so personally. For instance, when Kris and Bruce Jenner announced their separation after 22 years of marriage- I felt like my world came crashing down. I felt like I was a Kardashian kid…that’s not sad right? This is just one of many examples of my emotional attachment to these celebrities I essentially study.

Check out this link! I feel this way sometimes

Nonetheless, I am working on getting better. I am 6 hours sober, and taking it one day at a time. Thanks for listening all.

Yours truly,

Amanda G


Word count: 406

No comments:

Post a Comment